Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Learning..

I have to keep reminding myself to be contented with what I have and possess.

Life certainly isn't as easy as my parents used to say.
Work hard and you will reap what you sow.
Life is unfair.

Some people born with silver spoons.
Some people born with smart brains.
Some people born with good looks.
Some people succeeds in everything they do.
Some people who have tons of luck to bide them in their successful life.
Etc.

Well, it's obvious, I don't belong to any.
Not rich, no brains, not good looking, etc.
I always thought I can fight on and be like a tough wild grass that would never say die. But it's easier said than done.
Other than motivation, there's another ingredient called positivity that is required.
I have to learn to feel contented with what I have and learn to appreciate things and people around me, rather than comparing myself and my surroundings with my peers.
I realised, peer pressures are pretty indigestible to me.
I'll start to sink and go into a self-pity and hatred condition.
I admit that I'm the kind who wants to earn a lot, but has no brains and capability to do so.

I've been hit hard to the real world.
I never knew it was this scary and frightening.
I realised what I'm earning is not going to give me the lifestyle I would want to have if I'm settled down with a family.
The thought of a future scares me now.
I ask myself, someone with a brain like me, how to survive?
I know I'm not the saddest kind of human race in e world, but it already feels terrible enough. I can't imagine people of worse calibre.

How?
How do people persevere?
A friend talked and comforted me.
It's not the first time she had to do so, but I guess sometimes I just need a push or two.
Thank God I have great people around me talking sense into me.
I love you, my friend.
You know who you are.

To Val: LEARN!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Val, Ning here!

I like this post of yours, cos you share something really personal.... And I wanna share tt everyone have their own insecurities and (envy)"monster" in them... We often just share the happier stuffs... And struggle with the negatives on our own. :( I know I am like tt too.

We should have a gals outing soon! Like the one we did at ion! ***** hugs******

01:12  
Blogger howller said...

*hugs ning*

16:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home