Shoutouts to everyone..
Similar to the context of the sentence in Chinese, "jiu de bu qu, xin de bu lai".
SO-LONG 2006, WELCOME A NEW & HAPPY 2007!
What's out for the Past Year?
What's in for the New Year?
Well..
There has been a lot of excitments from the last few days of my 2006 till the first few days of my new 2007.
29th December 2006; Like I've already written, watched Death Note marathon.
30th December 2006; Our dearie Crystal's belated bithday celebration, the youngest amongst us. It truly was a different experience compared to the other celebrations, even to mine. It was so "wedding" like. To me, it seemed like I was attending a wedding dinner rather than a 21st birthday celebration. I was just telling my friends that I dressed up even nicer than for my prom night, imagine how much "face" i was giving Crys. =P Why did i say different experience? Because there were games & pageants that blended in with her party. OMG!! It seemed like we never grow old, our "Korea" team were practically pushing each other to participate. Yes, we were the shy ones. =P But however, it was still fun! Had nice atmosphere, nice cake, nice guests, everything were nice! Crys' "wedding" dress was EVEN nicer, no doubt about her being the limelight of the night. Hey Crys, if you're not gonna be a journalist, you can always opt for hosting! You make a good mcee.. *teehee*
Oh anyways, HAPPY BELATED TO CRYSTAL AGAIN!

GG that night
Right after her birthday, dear Crys is gonna fly to US soon for her IA.. *sobs*
Weiling & Qingyang juz gotten back frm their IA, and now Crys is flying soon.. *headache*
Everyone's flying..! When's my turn?
Remember to update us on your departure date, time & venue yeah! We're gonna rock the airport soon! *keke*
31th December 2006; I have gotten enough fun-ness from the past few days... NOT!!! *chuckles* People who watched Borat should have catched that joke. I'm so glad my last day of 2006 is the most "happening" one. What was "in" for my New Year celebrations? Same bunch of people I was celebrating New Year 2005 with. None other than my poly friends! HOW I MISS THEM!! It was especially special since our dear Ms YAYING is back frm HK for her vacation. I, personally thought this year's countdown would be almost similiar to the previous', but NO! It was even more "happening" than what I had thought it would be. WHY!? Okay, here's a plan that we initially had.
Initial Plan:
. Meetup @ Marina Square @ 1.30pm to catch "Charlotte's Web" @ 2.30pm.
. Head to Marina South for steamboat
Boring right? We had this exact same schedule for 2005 countdown.
But you know, things ALWAYS cock up halfway. So our so-called "finalized" plan:
. Meetup @ Marina Square to watch "Borat" @ 3.05pm.
. Loitered around Marina Square to wait for our always-late Mr HAN BIN
Since we thought Marina Square was boring, we decided to take a bus to Town/Bugis for dinner, steamboat that is.
. Took bus 133 to Bugis
. Ate steamboat from the 7th storey hotel (or is it next to?)
Warning! Borat is a no-brainer hilarious show! Totally ain't worth the money to catch it at all! TRY not to watch, unless you really have no idea what to do with your money or you just want to laugh at stupid things. In addition, the show is less than 2 hours! *damn*
Wanted to head to a cafe that JIAYI's sis recommended to sit & chat, BUT! It looked more like a food court than a cafe. "Cafe chatting" OFF. Loitered around Bugis Street (we were practically loitering around almost places to where we had been, since we were so indecisive), trying hard to decide a place to chat and/or countdown. Why did we end up sitting @ the ledge by the Bugis Street's bus-stop? All thanks to Mr EDMUND, who was giving us each and every possible reason why we should or should not go to a suggested place. -.-||| We just stood there for almost half an hour to 45 minutes, I reckon.
Since decision making were mostly made by us, girls. We girls, decided to head to KBox @ Paradiz Centre, thinking that it would be least crowded compared to KBox in other areas. So we started our "hiking" journey to Paradiz Centre. Why "hiking"? Because we end up in wrong directions, crossing @ wrong junctions, etc. Fortunately for us, it didn't rain a single drop! *phew* While "hiking", Mr EDMUND tried many means & ways of making us divert our destination (because we kept walking till our legs almost gave up on us). But, NO DIVERSIONS! Try harder EDMUND. *bleah* Through our "journey", we "dropped" some people. SIMEON & NICHOLAS decided to forgo & head home since they don't sing. HANBIN "pang-seh" us, because OF HIS GIRLFRIEND! WTF! She juz fucking popped out from nowhere and showing us her fucking black face! -.-|| Anyway, gave a sigh of relief when we arrived @ Paradiz Centre. To our astonishment, the offer was fucking ex.
Offer of the night was:
. We could only sing till 1am (we were there @ 10pm)
. It was 28++ per pax
. Inclusive of 2 drinks
Disappointed, we headed for the road.
NAH! Not what you thought it is, we were not going 2 commit suicide. =P
Crossed the street & decided to settle down @ 1 of the pubs, since I heard people saying some pubs there are not bad. It seemed like someone knew we were indecisive about heading to which pub, a man just ran out with a microphone from inside the pub "Hark Music Cafe" singing! *lol* Immediately, our(or rather my) mind was instantly diverted. Took a peep inside the cafe, I thought it might not be such a bad idea trying(this) cafe out. Partly was because I was tired from all the walking and decision makings too. =P
We quickly settled & blended in.
Ordered a drink each, I had a bottle of Asahi. I <3 ASAHI! (anyone knew?) OH! Did I mention we had a chocolate fondue too? Hee..
A mini party pack was given to each of us in preparation for the countdown of 2007. *how exciting!*
Being curious or rather excited, we selected 2 songs from the whole list of 500 songs they had.
1. JJ Lin Jun Jie - Jian Jian Dan Dan
2. Mayday - Lian Ai-ing
We were pretty excited when we heard "lian ai-ing" being sang! Hehe.. It was LIVE!! And it was GOOD!! =)
Everyone were almost prepared and warmed up for the countdown by that song.
In no time, 3... 2... 1... HAPPY NEW YEAR! HAPPY 2007!
Everyone were making noises with the supplied party pack by the pub.
Mini clappers, balloons, mini party cannons, paper horns, etc. Anything that could make noise, we made used of it! lolx..
Shook hands with familiar AND UNFAMILIAR faces, took many shots of group photos.
It was a pity none of us brought a digital camera. =( No choice but to use our handphone camera, we were having sooo much fun taking group pictures, even the bartenders were having PHOTO-SNAPPING fun! Commenting each other that they had bad photography skills, each bartender took turns to snap a shot for us.
They even took a photo of us with their own camera! O.O *omg!*
After noise-making fun, we had lucky draw fun! Within our table of 8, 3 of us won prizes! How lucky eh? Is this a hint to a good start of a new year? *keke* I won a consolation prize: a box of meiji chocolate & a free membership application. Everyone were saying I'll definintely win a prize since I wrote so many lucky dips. *hur hur* Mr CHEEYEN won a consolation prize too! The best for the last right? Mr WENJIE WON FIRST PRIZE!!!!! Guess what it is???
A bottle of V.S.O.P Hennessy! HE IS SO LUCKY! Just by 1 lucky dip lot, he got the first prize! *haha* CONGRATS YEAH WENJIE! lolx..
Got sabo-ed by my friends to go up to stage to sing. *shiver*
Sung Ah Mei's "Ji De", OMG! I was practically shivering, you could hear it from my voice.
Why did I say sabo? Because they promised to buy me a drink if I went on stage to sing!
*argh* EDMUND TAN! U OWE ME A DRINK! I WANT A TEQUILA! =P
Time for home @ 2 plus in the a.m.
EDMUND, KIANHENG & CHEEYEN took a night-rider, while the rest of us, ME, YAYING, JIAYI, CHUNHOE & WENJIE decided to take cab.
This is e drama of the morning!
We walked and hail and called till 5am! *omg* HORRENDOUS is the word to use for cab services in Singapore!
BAD BAD BAD!
Hailing taxi, NO HELP! Stupid taxi drivers will only stop for CAUCASIANS! What the FUCK!
Call for taxi, NO HELP! Either we're left on hold to wait for a stupid taxi number, or we can't fucking call through. -.-||
The guys who gotten home were shocked to hear that we were STILL not home.
WHAT AN EXPERIENCE! This is really a unforgetable end & start of a new year for us. >.<
At 4am in the morning, the streets still seemed like it was only 9pm! OMFG!
Almost 5am, I received a call that saved our little lives!
MY DEAR MUMMY MESSAGED ME ASKING WHERE I WAS 'COZ SHE WOKE UP TO VISIT THE LOO.
MUMMY!! MUMMY!! I'M SO GLAD YOU WENT TO THE LOO AT THAT TIME!!
Being MY great mummy, she stomped out to fetch me, and drive my friends outta town to try their luck to get a cab.
Reached home @ around 5 plus in the a.m. I stunk through 2007 before I bathed myself.
I was too tired to bathe before I head to sleep. lolx. =P
Didn't I say the countdown of 2007 was a memorable one? *chuckles*
Photos added to my edition:

Smaller sized pictures

Group pictures
Rest of my 1st January 2007; My aunt's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZI-YI!!! =) Hee.. Rest of my day was just slacking @ me watching VCDs. End the day with a nice and warming family dinner in celebration of my aunt's birthday. Had a cake and opened alcohol. =) I'm such a drinker! Hee.. Don't forget! I'm a alcoholic! hee.. Opened a bottle of lemon liqueur that we had gotten from Aussie, Melbourne 2-3 years ago. Obviously, I drank a lot! Drank a last shot by myself @ 1 go, making my face turn as red as a lobster. *haha*
2nd January 2007; More of a rest day for me. Half-way in completion for my new blogskin. New Year new things, right? Yeap! Hopefully it'll turn out nice. Hee.. Evening, headed to Robinsons @ Orchard. Tempted by the words "Final Reduction" in Mango, I took a risk of going in to take a peek. My hands were grabbing onto a plastic bag when I got out. I bought a red tube! Hee.. *temptations* Indonesian food for dinner, and more shopping for lingerie till Robinsons closed.
My long awaited holidays has finally come to an end.
How dreadful. =(
When is the next public holiday? (other than Saturday & Sunday that is)
Now, next entry, to indicate my goals I want to achieve in this New Year! =)
Similar to the context of the sentence in Chinese, "jiu de bu qu, xin de bu lai".
SO-LONG 2006, WELCOME A NEW & HAPPY 2007!
What's out for the Past Year?
What's in for the New Year?
Well..
There has been a lot of excitments from the last few days of my 2006 till the first few days of my new 2007.
29th December 2006; Like I've already written, watched Death Note marathon.
30th December 2006; Our dearie Crystal's belated bithday celebration, the youngest amongst us. It truly was a different experience compared to the other celebrations, even to mine. It was so "wedding" like. To me, it seemed like I was attending a wedding dinner rather than a 21st birthday celebration. I was just telling my friends that I dressed up even nicer than for my prom night, imagine how much "face" i was giving Crys. =P Why did i say different experience? Because there were games & pageants that blended in with her party. OMG!! It seemed like we never grow old, our "Korea" team were practically pushing each other to participate. Yes, we were the shy ones. =P But however, it was still fun! Had nice atmosphere, nice cake, nice guests, everything were nice! Crys' "wedding" dress was EVEN nicer, no doubt about her being the limelight of the night. Hey Crys, if you're not gonna be a journalist, you can always opt for hosting! You make a good mcee.. *teehee*
Oh anyways, HAPPY BELATED TO CRYSTAL AGAIN!

Right after her birthday, dear Crys is gonna fly to US soon for her IA.. *sobs*
Weiling & Qingyang juz gotten back frm their IA, and now Crys is flying soon.. *headache*
Everyone's flying..! When's my turn?
Remember to update us on your departure date, time & venue yeah! We're gonna rock the airport soon! *keke*
31th December 2006; I have gotten enough fun-ness from the past few days... NOT!!! *chuckles* People who watched Borat should have catched that joke. I'm so glad my last day of 2006 is the most "happening" one. What was "in" for my New Year celebrations? Same bunch of people I was celebrating New Year 2005 with. None other than my poly friends! HOW I MISS THEM!! It was especially special since our dear Ms YAYING is back frm HK for her vacation. I, personally thought this year's countdown would be almost similiar to the previous', but NO! It was even more "happening" than what I had thought it would be. WHY!? Okay, here's a plan that we initially had.
Initial Plan:
. Meetup @ Marina Square @ 1.30pm to catch "Charlotte's Web" @ 2.30pm.
. Head to Marina South for steamboat
Boring right? We had this exact same schedule for 2005 countdown.
But you know, things ALWAYS cock up halfway. So our so-called "finalized" plan:
. Meetup @ Marina Square to watch "Borat" @ 3.05pm.
. Loitered around Marina Square to wait for our always-late Mr HAN BIN
Since we thought Marina Square was boring, we decided to take a bus to Town/Bugis for dinner, steamboat that is.
. Took bus 133 to Bugis
. Ate steamboat from the 7th storey hotel (or is it next to?)
Warning! Borat is a no-brainer hilarious show! Totally ain't worth the money to catch it at all! TRY not to watch, unless you really have no idea what to do with your money or you just want to laugh at stupid things. In addition, the show is less than 2 hours! *damn*
Wanted to head to a cafe that JIAYI's sis recommended to sit & chat, BUT! It looked more like a food court than a cafe. "Cafe chatting" OFF. Loitered around Bugis Street (we were practically loitering around almost places to where we had been, since we were so indecisive), trying hard to decide a place to chat and/or countdown. Why did we end up sitting @ the ledge by the Bugis Street's bus-stop? All thanks to Mr EDMUND, who was giving us each and every possible reason why we should or should not go to a suggested place. -.-||| We just stood there for almost half an hour to 45 minutes, I reckon.
Since decision making were mostly made by us, girls. We girls, decided to head to KBox @ Paradiz Centre, thinking that it would be least crowded compared to KBox in other areas. So we started our "hiking" journey to Paradiz Centre. Why "hiking"? Because we end up in wrong directions, crossing @ wrong junctions, etc. Fortunately for us, it didn't rain a single drop! *phew* While "hiking", Mr EDMUND tried many means & ways of making us divert our destination (because we kept walking till our legs almost gave up on us). But, NO DIVERSIONS! Try harder EDMUND. *bleah* Through our "journey", we "dropped" some people. SIMEON & NICHOLAS decided to forgo & head home since they don't sing. HANBIN "pang-seh" us, because OF HIS GIRLFRIEND! WTF! She juz fucking popped out from nowhere and showing us her fucking black face! -.-|| Anyway, gave a sigh of relief when we arrived @ Paradiz Centre. To our astonishment, the offer was fucking ex.
Offer of the night was:
. We could only sing till 1am (we were there @ 10pm)
. It was 28++ per pax
. Inclusive of 2 drinks
Disappointed, we headed for the road.
NAH! Not what you thought it is, we were not going 2 commit suicide. =P
Crossed the street & decided to settle down @ 1 of the pubs, since I heard people saying some pubs there are not bad. It seemed like someone knew we were indecisive about heading to which pub, a man just ran out with a microphone from inside the pub "Hark Music Cafe" singing! *lol* Immediately, our(or rather my) mind was instantly diverted. Took a peep inside the cafe, I thought it might not be such a bad idea trying(this) cafe out. Partly was because I was tired from all the walking and decision makings too. =P
We quickly settled & blended in.
Ordered a drink each, I had a bottle of Asahi. I <3 ASAHI! (anyone knew?) OH! Did I mention we had a chocolate fondue too? Hee..
A mini party pack was given to each of us in preparation for the countdown of 2007. *how exciting!*
Being curious or rather excited, we selected 2 songs from the whole list of 500 songs they had.
1. JJ Lin Jun Jie - Jian Jian Dan Dan
2. Mayday - Lian Ai-ing
We were pretty excited when we heard "lian ai-ing" being sang! Hehe.. It was LIVE!! And it was GOOD!! =)
Everyone were almost prepared and warmed up for the countdown by that song.
In no time, 3... 2... 1... HAPPY NEW YEAR! HAPPY 2007!
Everyone were making noises with the supplied party pack by the pub.
Mini clappers, balloons, mini party cannons, paper horns, etc. Anything that could make noise, we made used of it! lolx..
Shook hands with familiar AND UNFAMILIAR faces, took many shots of group photos.
It was a pity none of us brought a digital camera. =( No choice but to use our handphone camera, we were having sooo much fun taking group pictures, even the bartenders were having PHOTO-SNAPPING fun! Commenting each other that they had bad photography skills, each bartender took turns to snap a shot for us.
They even took a photo of us with their own camera! O.O *omg!*
After noise-making fun, we had lucky draw fun! Within our table of 8, 3 of us won prizes! How lucky eh? Is this a hint to a good start of a new year? *keke* I won a consolation prize: a box of meiji chocolate & a free membership application. Everyone were saying I'll definintely win a prize since I wrote so many lucky dips. *hur hur* Mr CHEEYEN won a consolation prize too! The best for the last right? Mr WENJIE WON FIRST PRIZE!!!!! Guess what it is???
A bottle of V.S.O.P Hennessy! HE IS SO LUCKY! Just by 1 lucky dip lot, he got the first prize! *haha* CONGRATS YEAH WENJIE! lolx..
Got sabo-ed by my friends to go up to stage to sing. *shiver*
Sung Ah Mei's "Ji De", OMG! I was practically shivering, you could hear it from my voice.
Why did I say sabo? Because they promised to buy me a drink if I went on stage to sing!
*argh* EDMUND TAN! U OWE ME A DRINK! I WANT A TEQUILA! =P
Time for home @ 2 plus in the a.m.
EDMUND, KIANHENG & CHEEYEN took a night-rider, while the rest of us, ME, YAYING, JIAYI, CHUNHOE & WENJIE decided to take cab.
This is e drama of the morning!
We walked and hail and called till 5am! *omg* HORRENDOUS is the word to use for cab services in Singapore!
BAD BAD BAD!
Hailing taxi, NO HELP! Stupid taxi drivers will only stop for CAUCASIANS! What the FUCK!
Call for taxi, NO HELP! Either we're left on hold to wait for a stupid taxi number, or we can't fucking call through. -.-||
The guys who gotten home were shocked to hear that we were STILL not home.
WHAT AN EXPERIENCE! This is really a unforgetable end & start of a new year for us. >.<
At 4am in the morning, the streets still seemed like it was only 9pm! OMFG!
Almost 5am, I received a call that saved our little lives!
MY DEAR MUMMY MESSAGED ME ASKING WHERE I WAS 'COZ SHE WOKE UP TO VISIT THE LOO.
MUMMY!! MUMMY!! I'M SO GLAD YOU WENT TO THE LOO AT THAT TIME!!
Being MY great mummy, she stomped out to fetch me, and drive my friends outta town to try their luck to get a cab.
Reached home @ around 5 plus in the a.m. I stunk through 2007 before I bathed myself.
I was too tired to bathe before I head to sleep. lolx. =P
Didn't I say the countdown of 2007 was a memorable one? *chuckles*
Photos added to my edition:


Rest of my 1st January 2007; My aunt's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZI-YI!!! =) Hee.. Rest of my day was just slacking @ me watching VCDs. End the day with a nice and warming family dinner in celebration of my aunt's birthday. Had a cake and opened alcohol. =) I'm such a drinker! Hee.. Don't forget! I'm a alcoholic! hee.. Opened a bottle of lemon liqueur that we had gotten from Aussie, Melbourne 2-3 years ago. Obviously, I drank a lot! Drank a last shot by myself @ 1 go, making my face turn as red as a lobster. *haha*
2nd January 2007; More of a rest day for me. Half-way in completion for my new blogskin. New Year new things, right? Yeap! Hopefully it'll turn out nice. Hee.. Evening, headed to Robinsons @ Orchard. Tempted by the words "Final Reduction" in Mango, I took a risk of going in to take a peek. My hands were grabbing onto a plastic bag when I got out. I bought a red tube! Hee.. *temptations* Indonesian food for dinner, and more shopping for lingerie till Robinsons closed.
My long awaited holidays has finally come to an end.
How dreadful. =(
When is the next public holiday? (other than Saturday & Sunday that is)
Now, next entry, to indicate my goals I want to achieve in this New Year! =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home